What is the Rashtriya Swyam Sevak Sangh ?
राष्ट्रीय स्वयं सेवक संघ (Rashtriya Swyam Sevak Sangh), which can be translated as the National Volunteers organization. The RSS was founded on the day of Vijayadasami, 27 September 1925 as a social organization by Keshav Baliram Hedgewar, who was a doctor in the city of Nagpur. Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) is a charitable, educational, volunteer, non-governmental & non political organization. It is the world’s largest voluntary, non-governmental organization. RSS truly believes in Altruism. RSS is nothing about politics contrary to what the media industry makes you believe. RSS was there before the formation of the BJP or Jan Sangh.
How big is the RSS?
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh(RSS) does not have any membership package like any other Indian organization. According to the official website, anyone can become a member by joining the nearest “shakha ” or “branches” , which is the basic unit. Although the RSS claims not to keep membership records, it is estimated to have 2.5-6.0 million members.
The overseas wing of RSS is called HSS (Hindu Swyamsevak Sangh) which is prevalent over 39 countries including UK, Finland, Nepal (having uncountable shakhas (branches) of RSS & currently on top of the list of RSS in abroad ) USA (including states like NY, Florida (in Miami) Washington D.C. (in Seattle) & even five in the Middle east.
Other organizations associated with RSS are given below
• Bharatiya Janata Party
• Bharatiya Kisan Sangh
• Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh
• Seva Bharti
• Rashtra Sevika Samiti
• Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad
• Shiksha Bharati
• Vishwa Hindu Parishad
• Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh
• Swadeshi Jagaran Manch
• Saraswati Shishu Mandir
• Vidya Bharati Sansthan
• Vanavasi Kalyan Ashram
• Muslim Rashtriya Manch
• Bajrang Dal
• Anusuchit Jati-Jamati Arakshan Bachao
• Laghu Udyog Bharati
• Bharatiya Vichara Kendra
• Vishwa Samvad Kendra
• Rashtriya Sikh Sangat
• Vivekananda Kendra
Facts about RSS
* There’s no formal membership in RSS. You will never ever have to fill-up a form. By default every citizen(male) of this country of any age group are members of the RSS! There’s a separate wing for women.
* RSS does not accept donations. Such a big organization runs on money given by the swayamsevaks on “Guru Purnima” as “Guru Dakshina”. Yes, only once in a year to be given anonymously according to one’s own capacity.
*The “Guru” mentioned above is the “Bhagva Dhwaj”(The saffron flag) which is a symbol of the cultural heritage of this country and thus inspirational as a Guru.
* The workers who works for RSS are called ‘pracharaks’ and live a renounced life and their only goal in life is to serve the nation.
* The Present prime minister of India also belongs to the RSS and he is the second swyamsevak from RSS who became president of India after Atal Bihari Vajpayeee.
* You may not believe that Jawaharlal Nehru had no inclination towards the RSS, in fact, he was the most bitter enemy of RSS although he invited RSS to come participate in the parade of republic day in 1963. Because it was RSS who had helped Indian soldiers and civilians during 1962 indo-china war.
* Some people still believe that RSS was responsible for murder of Mahatma Gandhin, as Nathuram godse was the member of RSS. But many people don’t know the fact that Godse had left RSS in 1934, while Gandhi was killed in 1948. In December 2010 when Ram madhav of RSS claimed, the court records were clearly showing that RSS had nothing to do with Gandhi’s murder.
* RSS treats everyone equally it does not matter if they are Muslim, christian, Sikh or any other religion. That’s why they have Muslim and christian shakha as well. All RSS requires from a volunteer, is respecting Bharat Mata (Mother India) as “vatsale, Maatru bhoome”.
*Volunteers of the RSS have also held prominent political and administrative positions in India, including that of the Prime Minister of India, the Vice President of India, the Home Minister and Ministers in the Central Government, Governors and Chief Ministers of various states and the members of elected bodies at the state and the national level and the Indian ambassador to the US.
*RSS operates over 40000 schools all over India under its educational wing called ‘Vidhya Bharti’ mainly in the remote and backward areas. This number is growing day by day. In these schools, the Sansthan educates over 40 lakh students every year. No other organization performs such duty to the nation’s next generation.
There are numerous things to know about RSS and their activities, but knowing RSS is very difficult unless you’re a part of it. No book, no article or media will ever be able to convey what RSS actually is. It’s more sacred than you can ever imagine!Tags:
- anusuchit jati jamati arakshan bachao parishad
- bhagva zenda images
- Rss history and interesting facts
- TOP10 WING OF RSS