Blood Pressure is the force at which the blood pumps from the heart to the arteries. The reading of a normal blood pressure is 120/80mmHg. When you experience a high blood pressure, it means that the blood is flowing forcefully to your arteries, thus, damaging the blood vessels. It is commonly known as “the silent killer”. It can cause severe health effects such as heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure.
The common causes for an increase in blood pressure are obesity, excessive drinking, and high salt intake, lack of exercise, kidney/adrenal diseases, stress or genetic factors. Lifestyle plays an important role in treating your hypertension.
Now, let’s discuss on the best homemade remedies to treat your increasing blood pressure.
1. Banana – Bananas can help you to control your blood pressure, if you consume it regularly. They are a rich source of potassium and thus, reduce the sodium effect. Try to eat one or two bananas daily.
2. Coconut water – Drinking a lot of coconut water can help you to combat against the increasing blood pressure. A recent study reveals that people who drink coconut water regularly, experiences a normal blood pressure. It contains potassium and magnesium and thus, regulates the muscle functioning.
3. Fish oil – Fish oil and Omega-3 fatty acids are the best treatment for your heart. It helps to reduce your blood pressure along with reducing the higher cholesterol levels. Usually, fish oil is given to the heart transplant patients as it reduces the risk of hypertension. Rather than taking the pills, consume the fish oil along with orange juice. Pills generally cause certain side effects.
4. Exercise regularly – If you are lazy enough to do some exercise, it might have a negative impact on your heart. Carry out a regular physical activity for at least 30 minutes in a day. It can lower the blood pressure by 4 to 9mmHG. The best type of exercises to lower the hypertension are cycling, swimming, dancing or walking. Talk to your doctor and prepare a best exercise chart.
5. Reduce Sodium – Try to reduce the intake of sodium in your diet. A small reduction in the intake of sodium can lower your BP by 2-8mmHg. Try to choose low sodium alternatives of the food you normally buy. Avoid consumption of salt because it contains 2300mg of sodium.
6. Less drinking – People who are addictive to excessive drinking, experiences a high blood pressure. Drinking more alcohol can increase your blood pressure and can also have a negative effect on your BP control medications.
7. Lemon – It is one of the easily available remedy to reduce the hypertension. It helps to make your blood vessels soft and flexible. Lemon contains high amount of Vitamin B and thus, reduces the risk of heart failure. Try to drink lemon juice twice a day, in order to experience a normal blood pressure. For better result, avoid adding salt and sugar.
8. Honey – It has soothing and calm effect on your blood vessels. In order to control the issue of hypertension, try to control 1-2 tsp of honey per day. For better result, take it on an empty stomach every morning. You can also consume honey mixed well with basil juice for the desired result.
Along with the above mentioned remedies, a healthy diet can help you to control your high blood pressure. Don’t wait for tomorrow. Start applying these remedies in your life right away. Your heart and blood vessels are the vital part of your body. Let it not get damaged, due to your negligence.